Want to run a virtual machine within Kali Linux?
You can use VirtualBox easily on your setup.
Here is how to do it
- Execute What does it do? Looks into /etc/apt/sources.list, and ‘re-synchronize the package index files from their sources’.
- Execute What does it do? Looks into /etc/apt/sources.list and grabs new versions of those listed packages.
- Execute What does it do? A more intelligent that will upgrade and remove package dependencies.1
- Go to the VirtualBox downloads page. Checkout the various versions. Every released version of VirtualBox will have various distribution packages for numerous OS’.
As of writing this, I am using Kali Linux v. 2016-2. Therefore, I downloaded VirtualBox v. 5.1.12 and am able to run the wheezy codename on my machine. And you'll most likely want to install .amd64.2 If you are unsure, you will receive an error when going onto the next step. Execute
- `cd` into the directory for the download that you just performed. If you `ls`, it will most likely be in the current working directory. Run
- Important, execute And that should be it!